- Sphinx feet, forearms and hieroglyphics found at dig site in northern Israel
- Believed to belong to Mycerinus who built one of Giza‘s great pyramids
- First statue from ancient Egypt to be found in the Levant area
- Speculation remains as to how it travelled from the tomb to Israel
“Archeologists have been left scratching their heads after the unearthing of part of an ancient Egyptian sphinx in northern Israel.
The find has prompted Egyptologists to speculate as to how the stone-carved mythical creature travelled so many miles from its original resting place.
- Ancient Egyptian king’s unique sphinx found in Israel (foxnews.com)
- Unique Egyptian sphinx unearthed in north Israel (sott.net)
- Unique Egyptian sphinx unearthed in north Israel (foxnews.com)